Monday, September 6, 2010

Random Adventures around Worcester August 2009

In August in Worcester there is Art in Elm park. In 2009 there was a giant toaster van that i got to drive by multiple times a day and needed to have my picture taken with. Art in the park is quite wonderful



Stitch & pitch is a tradition I joined in on for the first time in 2009. Melissa has been doing this every summer for a while now. Melissa and Kelly are two of the girls I knit with, there are others that I have at various times, but Melissa and Kelly have been consistent the entire time I've been there. Currently (as of 9/6/10) we still knit regularly at the lincoln st Barnes and nobles, and teach new people to knit.
This was our 2009 stitch and pitch outing courtesy of one Mr. Johnny Comeau, who got us tickets and free food and drink passes.

A couple a of weeks later my friend Jen convinced me to go indoor rock climbing (for either the first time or like the first time as an adult)
This was the result.

I made it up the short walls, but only about 2/3rds of the way up the big walls. I only went once, not because i wasn't interested, but because ladies night is on Mondays, and we started knitting on Mondays so I couldn't get back to go with Jen again.

Sometimes you have to take what works best with you. Jen and I make time to hang out in other ways, and the ladies I knit with, they are incredible, and our story time together is invaluable.

No comments: