Saturday, March 20, 2010

July 18th/19th 2009 Weathertop

I don't think I've ever posted about Weathertop before.
It is one of my favorite places to go.
My friend Dave got together with a few other friends and built a communal living house on top of a hill in Vermont. There are Horses and sheep, and chickens and there used to be pigs, but they're bacon now.

I went to weathertop for the Cancer party. It has nothing to do with the disease, and everything to do with the astrological sign. There are a few parties I like to go to in Vermont throughout the year, and at least once a year the Vermonters trek to Massachusettes. The cancer party is nice though because it's in July and for once you don't have to worry about weather, and getting a car up a driveway it can take 15-20 minutes to walk up.

So I forgot that I had a camera for most of the party, and only remembered it the next day. At some point when I'm at a vermont party I will have to get pictures of Andy and Carla, and weirdly I have none of Susan on here, although as of that day Susan officially moved to New Hampshire. I'm sure there are plenty of other people there, but I did get some shots the next day.

Dave showed us all around the property the next morning, and seemed to have all this energy even after partying.
Jill was a little more tired
Erica thankfully had beverages to stave off tired,
and Saul had humor.
I wish people could see the place. I have a few shots of the land and the hillside, but it doesn't quite capture it. There is just such a sense of the world being beautiful there.


My friend Susan moved out that weekend. She still loves Weathertop, but her vet practice and her boyfriend are in New Hampshire. I helped her move and pack. I'm so glad that I am friends with Dave so that I can still come back and visit Weathertop when I want. It makes me happy. At one point when Susan moved out he asked if I wanted to come live there. I think it would be really tough on my allergies, and I think there is something so special about visiting that living might dampen. I don't know.
It's funny when i started these travels a few years ago I was all about getting away from where my life was at, and seeing what was out there, and now I feel like each month my life gets more full where I am, and I get to be happier right in Worcester with the people I know and the things that occur. This doesn't mean changes won't happen, but being able to be happy where one is, is such a gift in life.
I left my brand new birkenstock sandals at Weathertop after that party. they were still there months later when I came back through and picked them up. They were mixed in among the shoes of those that live in the house, and looked to be in exactly the same condition i left them in. I love that you can trust things there, and that people care about themselves and you.

No comments: