Saturday, March 20, 2010

July 10th-11th 2009 Syracuse, NY

It was family reunion weekend again, which meant hanging in Syracuse.
Friday night I spent with my friends Tricia, Matt and Mel from college. Sadly I did not think to get pictures. I was so glad that Tricia was able to join us, because I usually hang with Matt and Mel, but Tricia brings another level to the humor. Next time we might have to make it out to Kareoke though. Hurray for silly bad kareoke
Since I've written about the family reunion before I will keep this post short, and mostly about updates.
The biggest update is my cousin Andrew got married. I was kind of shocked because I didn't find out until after the fact. I would have loved to have been there, but they had an incredibly small wedding.
I met his wife Ann, and she seems really lovely, and also funny and spunky enough to be with him.
He and I talked and he had these moments of clarity that kind of led him to better figure out what he is going to do with his life, and what is important to him including Ann. He has apparently been friends with her for years, but they were never both available at the same time and aware enough, until they were and apparently by that time they just wanted to be married. Andrew talked about work. he is working in a preschool, and for many of the kids there is the only male role model they have. He wants to be a minister, he is passionate about it, and I really hope that if he gets there he is the type of minister who help bring people to love and not division. I have a lot of faith that he will, and I want to keep contact with him to remind him that people can differ in dogmatic beliefs and still be in touch with that which is greater than the everyday world.
In other news my cousins kids got more grown up, and all teenage like, but typically in fairly cool ways.
Ella
Erin
Amanda. Amanda went to france, and her family is getting a foreign exchange student. She's all worldly now. I love her.

Oh and Steph, Steph is a senior and will be heading to college.
She wants to work with people with disabilities, but will still be doing the music thing for fun. She told me she was considering a college in Massachusetts and I was so excited, another possibility is in Albany, which is still a whole lot closer than Syracuse. I cannot wait to hear what she decides.
In other news, Alex and Junie got bigger, but thankfully are not so grown up as the girls.


The family continues to be ridiculously big
And it was a nice time.
When I got home the first sunflower of the year had bloomed.

No comments: