Sunday, August 15, 2010

August 4-6 2009 Rochester, NY

On the way to Rochester I blew a tire. This is the second time my car has had issues on the way there. I wrote in my journal that the next time I go there I am taking the bus, but that was before I realized that the train goes right there, so maybe I'll take the train instead. What i do know is that driving to Rochester is a risky proposition for my car.
I still managed to make it out for a later than expected lunch with my friend Matt. He was helpful in cheering me up after I had been all over trying to get my car taken car of.


When I got to Rochester I was greeted by my favorite 3 year old in the world who was very excited to see me, and even more excited the read the mini books I brought her a million times.




Her mom was just glad to have company I think. I love my Chele belle.


Then there was Miss Emma, the birthday girl. She was a little more tenative, but she hasn't seen me much of me so that was to be expected.



Rounding out the family is Jeff, and Macy the puppy.
Macy is very energetic, and I'm sorry to say this, not my favorite dog. somehow she doens't pull off cute and bumbling big dog, and is just kind of annoying. She also gets yelled at a lot for the naughty things she does, and fights with the cat. Hopefully she will grow out of naughty.



It was a great couple of days.
My favorite 3 year old has really taken to art and books, so she and I get to do creative things and read stories together which I love.
I made her family a new mandala, and she made messy art.





We (Chele, Emma, Anna and I) went to the park one of the days and played around and rode the merry go round there.





At the end of the night after the kids went to bed Chele and Jeff and I played a little guitar hero and goofed around dancing in the living room. It was very cool


The next day I gave Emmie her Birthday present. She had warmed to me over the visit, and there was this one moment on the couch that i wish we had a picture of cause she kind of nestled into my lap and looked so contented while I was just talking with her mom.
She loved the pounding toy i got her for her birthday.


Chele was just glad for the company in her crazy mom life I think,

and Anna did not want to see me go.

(and she might possibly have thrown a temper tantrum the day i was leaving, but we won't hold that against her because at the time she was my favorite 3 year old in the world (the only reason she's not now is cause she's 4 and my favorite 4 year old in the world)
I had a good and uneventful drive back, and I liked it that way.

No comments: